Join our live coverage joining @WestLondonWaste on Saturday 9th at The Richmond May Fair 2015! On behalf of the Love Food Hate Waste campaign (@LFHW_UK), the team at West London Waste will be on site providing handy hints and tips to help you make the most of your grub! The team will also be offering the chance to get fit by biking your way to a free fruity fibre juice – using fruit volunteered by the people which would have otherwise been dumped.
Finders Eaters Amy Brawn (Me!) getting set to Pedal Pump the way to a delicious 2nd Chance Smoothie from fruit which would have gone to waste…
— Finders Eaters (@finderseaters_) May 8, 2015
— Finders Eaters (@finderseaters_) May 9, 2015
I spoke to the lovely people behind it all at the Richmond May Fair – the teams at West London Waste and Love Food Hate Waste arrived at the fair early, working hard to turn one man’s rubbish into another man’s gold!
- Leftover food from the day was put into boxes and the West London Waste team asked people to take it home for themselves.
- Sam Gibbons headed up the smoothie-making!
- The guests got fit, had fun, and were filled to the brim with fibre-filled treats thanks to @WestLondonWaste.
- It was a lively, light-hearted event with a serious message.
- Thank you to @WestLondonWaste, @LFHW_UK and @LBRUT for hosting!
For more excitement from the day and handy tips like how to make your potatoes last longer – listen to my full interviews with @WestLondonWaste‘s own Samantha Gibbons and Roger St Paul here!