Tomorrow we’ll be liveblogging from the Compost Celebration and Giveaway in Willesden.
As part of compost awareness month, West London Waste have teamed up with Brent Council’s waste and recycling partner, Veolia, to host this year’s giveaway.
We’ll be speaking to experts in Roundwood Park to get tips on composting, food recycling and reducing food waste at home.
10 tonnes of compost is due to be delivered and residents will be able to take home up to 100 litres free- but don’t forget to bring your spade!
Field to Fork, a North West London based cooperative committed to sustainable food production, will also be talking to us about their local, seasonal produce and plans to engage with the community by offering jobs and training to local people.
Read our liveblog here.
By Hollie Goodall
Here are some of the highlights:
- 10 tonnes of compost were given out to the local residents at Roundwood Park in Willesden from 10am-3pm on Sunday 24th May.
- The compost has been produced from garden and kitchen waste from different local authorities, including Harrow and Hounslow.
- Experts from West London Waste and Keep Britain Tidy gave tips on composting and reducing food waste.
- The day was also joined by Field to Fork Organics, who talked about their local seasonal produce and sharing advice on how to run your own allotment.
- The next giveaway will be in Hounslow, from 10am-3pm on Saturday 30th May.
By Su-Min Hwang
Livebloggers: Su-Min and Hollie
Storify edited by Su-Min Hwang and Hollie Goodall